For those of you who haven’t cried because of a movie this is for you and if you still didn’t cry from these movies you should see your doctor, you never can tell :).
1. A Walk To Remember: A Walk to Remember is a love story written by Nicholas sparks, between two 18- years old, Landon Carter and Jamie Sullivan, who are thrown together after Landon gets into trouble and is made to do community service. This movie is different from the usual typical modern teenage movies. A Walk to Remember has romance in a monumental dosage, there is little or no sexual content rather emphasis is put upon the more admirable and sincere aspects of courtship that is little seen in the average teen movie. Without going into details that could be classified as spoiler , A Walk to Remember is a movie that will make you feel good about yourself .
2. The Green Mile: Before I say anything about this movie let me make it known that it’s 3 hours long but in it’s defense you won’t regret watching this movie. The Green Mile starring one of my favorite actor Tom Hanks, it’s a story about the relationship between prison guards and prisoners on death row. The movie is told in flashback as the memories of Paul as an old man, now in a retirement home. The story is in no haste to get to the sensational and supernatural; it takes at least an hour simply to create the relationships in the prison, I would recommend this movie to anyone who wants to see something unique, creative and flawless.
3. The NoteBook: I know this is kinda cliché but c’mon you just have to give it to this movie, this is one of the greatest romantic movie ever and it’s written by Nicholas Sparks , same Nicholas Sparks of A Walk to Remember. He just want us to keep crying with his brilliant novels. She is a rich kid, summering at the family’s mansion in North Carolina. He’s a local kid who works at the sawmill but he is smart and poetic. Her parents are snobs, his father (Sam Shepard) is centered and supportive. Noah loves her the moment he sees her, and actually hangs by his hands from a bar on a Ferris wheel until she agrees to go out on a date with him. If you haven’t seen The NoteBook I urge you to do so, and let me know how long you cried ;).
4. Saving Private Ryan: This is one of Steven Spielberg masterpiece, Steven Spielberg won the Oscar for the Best Director for his powerful and brutal war film Saving Private Ryan, which has an immaculate performance from Tom Hanks. One thing I love about this movie aside from the fact that it is directed by Spielberg, I has most of my favorite actors in it, who wouldn’t watch a movie starring Tom Hanks, Vin Diesel, Matt Damon and Edward Burns.
Ryan’s mother who has already lost three sons in the war, will not have to add another telegram to her collection. But the eight men on the mission also have parents and besides they have been trained to kill Germans, not to risk their lives for publicity stunts. “This Ryan better be worth it” One of the soldier lamented. This movie opening scenes (first 29 minutes) is as graphic as any war footage I’ve seen. As when a soldier has his arm blown off. He staggers, dazed, open to further fire, and then he bends and picks up his arm, as if he will need it later. PS I wouldn’t call this movie a tearjerker but it sure gets to me.
5. Schindler’s List: Another one from Steven Spielberg, one of my favorite Liam Neeson movies. Schindler’s list is an historic movie based on World War 2, the movie is 184 minutes long and like great movies, it felt short. It begins with Oskar Schindler (Liam Neeson) , a tall, strong man with intimidating physical presence. He dresses expensively and frequents night clubs, buying caviar and champagne for Nazi officers and their girls, and he like to get his picture taken with top Nazi officers. He wears a Nazi party emblem proudly on his buttonhole. He has impeccable black market contacts, and he’s able to find nylon’s cigarettes, brandy: he is the right man to know, The authorities are happy to help him open a factory to build enameled cooking utensils that army kitchens can use. He is happy to hire Jews because their wages are lower and Schindler will get richer that way. This is a must watch, you will thank me later.
READ: Interesting TV Series That Were Cancelled
Other tear-jerking movies: Marley & Me, Armageddon, 3 Idiots , Forrest Gump, Philadelphia , Boy’s don’t cry, Ps I love you, Finding Neverland.